Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Perched on the Edge of the Season

As we approach the month of September, minds clear form their midsummer haze and begin to contemplate the return of College Football, and I thought it might be nice to share a few thoughts about the season to come.

1. I think it is sad that USC has eliminated the Yell Leaders. Sure, they were goofy, and a little, well, um, Alternative (not that there's anything wrong with that), but they are a tradition, and when you choose to end a tradition you make that choice not just for yourself, but for all those that come along after you. I find it hard to believe that no one at the University was willing to step forward and continue the tradition.

2. I could care less that USC moved its band to the Sun Deck. The seating location of the band is not a tradition, just an allocation of space. I do object to the name of this reborn Sun Deck -- Trojan Nation -- who are we Maryland?

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

When I heard that the Cheer Boys were eliminated this season I was certianly surprised. I find it very odd to get rid of them for no particular reason. But it was funny that the last couple of seasons the Trojans were putting up so many points that the Cheer Boys (who normally do a pushup for each point scored) couldn't do all of the pushups. I mean really, the most we scored was 70. As for the Band, I think the Sun Deck is a great place for them. The whole stadium will be able to hear them better. By the way, why does everyone have to have a Nation? Weak, totally weak.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home