Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I know I bitch a lot about teams taking on I-AA opponents. But it is true. For a football program to be committed to taking on the best opponents every week says something about that program. Scheduling no cupcakes is key to becoming one of the preeminent programs in the nation. You are making a statement that you will go out and never inflate your stats.

Sadly, there are only seven teams that have not played a I-AA opponent since the Divisions were set up in 1978. They are Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, UCLA, USC and Washington.

Take a good hard look at those schools; they are the best football programs in the nation. If you go over the stats since 1978 I would guess that the wins and losses would back that up.

And for those of you tallying up the conferences that is three Big Ten Schools, three Pac-10 Schools, and one NBC School.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home